We all want happiness, that’s a given. Perhaps it’s why we are on the constant search for it. Whether it’s food, sex, drugs, travel, money, peace, or love, we are wired to feed the pleasure centers in our brain.Continue reading “#59 In Search of Happiness”
- We may travel to far places
- We may acquire opulence through the material
- We may have many lovers, friendships, and a great social life
- We may find love in another being to pass our time with
- We may have beautiful children that we care for deeply
- We may carry deep and strong belief structures about creation, the government, and mankind
- We may have dreams, aspirations, and passions
While walking through 2nd and Mission Street at 6:00 in the morning, I noticed a large flock of birds flying towards the Bay Bridge. There had to be over 200 of them and from my vantage point, they looked synchronistic.Continue reading “#47 Self-Awareness Tips to Get Through 2020”
It’s doing what’s right when no one is watching.
It’s being cognizant of the monkey mind and not identifying with thoughts.
It’s being thoughtful in every interaction with another living entity.Continue reading “#37 What Is Character?”
A few Friday’s ago I came home and my sister asked, “Bro’, doesn’t it feel good to be home after a long week at work?”
“It doesn’t feel any different from when I was at work,” I replied.Continue reading “#30 Why Life is Play”